To give an impression of the possible points of interest in Bali you can find some examples below.
In many places in Bali, it is possible to visit a performance of Balinese traditional dances. These dances are often accompanied by gamelan music. In many hotels and restaurants, you can visit a performance. In the temples of Tanah Lot, Uluwatu and Ubud are given almost daily performances. Below the most famous Balinese dances.
*Kecak Also called the fire dance. Remarkably, the dance is not accompanied by music but by the singing of the dancers.
*Barong This dance depicts the battle between good (Barong) and evil (Rangda).
*Legong This is the most refined dance, in which the protagonist is often performed by girls of about 10 years old.
*Baris This is a warrior dance; the male variant of the Legong.
- Celuk / silver- and goldsmiths
- Mas / woodworking
- Ubud / painting, dance
- Batubulan / stone carving (images)
- Sukawati / big art market with for example Balinese umbrellas
- Bali museum in Denpasar : Focused on the Balinese architecture.
- Le Mayeur museum in Sanur : The works of the already deceased Belgian painter Le Mayeur exhibited in his own home.
- Museum Pasifika in Nusa Dua: In this museum you will find an extensive collection of artists from
Bali and other parts of Asia Pacific.
- Neka Art museum in Ubud : This museum has a varied collection of Balinese painting from for example
- Blanco museum in Ubud : In a very special environment the works of Antonio Blanco, whose style looks like the style of Dali.
- Museum Puri Lukisan in Ubud : Beautifully situated museum with works of foreigners who lived in Bali as Rudolf Bonnet and Arie Smit.
- Butterfly Park : Small but beautiful park where you can walk around while the butterflies fly around you.
- Bali Bird Park : Large park which features a variety of tropical birds with an enclosed area where you walk among the birds.
- Zoo Bali Park : Zoo including Sumatran tigers and orang utangs.
- Olifanten safaripark : More than 30 endangered Sumatran elephants are captured in a beautiful park. It is possible to see the elephants nearby and also possible to touch. You can also take a ride on the elephant’s back
- Dolfijnen bij Lovina : Early in the morning with a small boat out on the sea to spot dolphins.
- Pura Tanah Lot : A fantastic temple situated on a small island. At low tide reachable on foot. The temple is a tribute to the gods of the sea.
- Pura Luhur Uluwatu : This temple was built in the 11th century and is located on top of a 100 meter high cliff. Fantastic views.
- Pura Besakih : This is for the Balinese the most important temple and the main temple is also called the mother temple.
- Pura Ulun Danau : This temple is located on Lake Bratan and is dedicated to the goddess Danu, the goddess of water including the irrigation of the rice fields.
Ricefields and nature
- Pupuan : The road to Pupuan goes slowly up and passes fields where all kinds of herbs and spices are grown. Along the way, you can enjoy magnificent views over the rice fields. Near Pupuan is also a beautiful waterfall.
- Jatiluih : Jatiluih means “really beautiful” and from here you can make beautiful hikes.
- Sidemen : Sidemen is a small village where rugs are woven with silver and gold thread. Again, fantastic views over the rice terraces.
Diving and snorkeling
- Menjangan : Menjangan is a small island in the North of Bali. You will find gorgeous pristine and colorful coral reef. The best diving and snorkeling spot in Bali.
- Tulamben : Near Tulamben you can find a sunken ship wreck where you can dive and snorkel.
- Nusa Lembongan : This island is located on the south side of Bali. Besides diving and snorkeling is also possible to surf here.
- Sanur (glassbottom boat) : If you do not want to dive or snorkel, it is possible to rent a glass bottom boat to see a bit of the underwater world.
- * Horseriding on the beach at Canggu
- * Surfen or parasailing at Canggu
- * Elephant trek around the sacred village of Taro
- * Cycling and walking through the rice fields of Ubud
- * Playing golf in Tanah Lot, Nusa Dua, Sanur en Bedugul
- * Raften on the river Ayung near Ubud
- * Tandem-paragliding from the hills near the Ulu Watu temple
- * Hiking, including mountain-biking and hiking
- * Waterbompark (very nice for children)